Thursday, May 28, 2009
Saturday, May 23, 2009
Friday, May 22, 2009
Sunday, May 17, 2009
I saw this today and said I never thought toliet paper rolls could be sooooo cute!! I need a bind it all now!! LOL
The scrap review is giving away a kit. Check it out here....
Saturday, May 16, 2009
I love this new song by Miley. This song speaks to me everytime I hear it.
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Cathy and I are going to a crop Saturday. We're really looking forward to actually playing just for us and meeting new paper addicts. lol Have a great day!!
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
My goodie package came in the mail yesterday!! Noel sent 3 glitz pattern papers, 2 sheets of glitz rubons, 1 sheet of glitz stickers and Stampin Up birthday count mini note kit! Very Nice!! Thanks so much Noel! I love it all!!
I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day!
PS Does anyone know why dsl modem boxes keep messing up??? ugh!! lol
Friday, May 8, 2009
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Monday, May 4, 2009
Sunday, May 3, 2009
Recently I've been getting the urge to try digi scrapping. But I know NOTHING about it! So today I went youtube and watched some tutorials. Seems easy enough. Now all I need is photoshop or something. Does anyone know where you can print 12x12 layouts? Or what's the best program to use?
While visiting Patti's blog today I came across a new digi site. Check it out here... She has very very cute designs! I'm sure that's the first place I'll go when I do get started.
Saturday, May 2, 2009
Here are some ideas on how to celebrate National Scrapbooking Day
by Brandie Valenzuela March 23, 2004
How much do you know about National Scrapbooking Day? It was started in 1994 by the well-known album company Creative Memories. and is celebrated on the first Saturday each May. Thank you Creative Memories for giving us a day for our favorite hobby!
Here are the top ten scrapping activities for this fun day:
1. Attend a crop or scrapbooking party! Of course, this would be #1 on the list! There is nothing better, and more motivating, than to scrap with friends! If you didn't plan to attend a crop, be spontaneous and consider inviting some friends over!
2. Go shopping! No scrapper can resist buying some new goodies! If you find that you are on more of a shoestring budget, set yourself a limit, say $5.00, and buy some new papers or some new stickers.
3. Scrap by yourself! We all do this on other days of the year, but at the very least, do some scrapbooking by yourself today if you aren't getting together with others.
4. Learn a new technique! Even if you aren't signed up for your local scrapbook stores (LSS) classes, turn to the internet to learn to learn a new technique for your pages. Visit your favorite search engine, and type in what you would like to learn about.
5. Join a new email list! There are literally hundreds of scrapbooking email lists on the internet, so why not join a new one! Just visit sites such as http://groups.yahoo.com/ or http://www.topica.com/ and put the word "scrapbooking" into their search box. Even if you don't want the extra email, you can always read the messages on the web!
6. Submit your best layouts to magazines! If you find that you are home on Nat'l Scrapbooking Day, why not submit some of your best layouts to magazines?
7. Organize! Is your scrapbook area getting a little cluttered? Spend some time organizing and decluttering it! While this may not sound like a fun thing to do, it is essential to have a neat scrapping space to create your masterpieces.
8. Copy And Steal Everything (CASE)! One of the best ways to get ideas for your own layouts is to see what other scrappers have created. Spend some time reviewing your favorite scrapping magazines or visit a site such as http://www.scrapbooking.com/ to be inspired.
9. Try something different! Have you always wanted to use your rubber stamps in your layout? Maybe you would like to try the use of wire, jute, buttons, or ribbon? If you have always thought of using something non-scrapbooking related in your album, spend some time doing just that!
10. Teach! I think one of the best way to spend Nat'l Scrapbooking Day is to teach a non-scrapper your favorite hobby! Think of at least one friend or family member that doesn't scrapbook, invite them over (be sure to have them bring some photos), and let them use your supplies to create a few pages. Before you know it, you will have a new scrappin' buddy!
© 2002 Brandie Valenzuela
Brandie is a wife and homeschooling mom to three children, who also works full time from her home designing products and writing articles for the scrapbook industry. She is a proud design team member of Pages of the Heart at http://www.pagesoftheheart.net/ -- a free resource site for scrappers. She also maintains her own website at: http://scrapbookingwithbrandie.4t.com/
Friday, May 1, 2009
Today was a super fun! We had Field Day!! The girls got to be in 3 races each. One of the coaches kissed a donkey. I really look forward to a lot of fun with my girls! Can you believe they are almost 2 years a part? I noticed how Haley (on the left, the youngest) was almost a foot taller than everyone one in her class this year! WOW!