WOW! I can't believe how fast time flies! 3 More weeks and we're out for summer! Can't wait. Pool time. Beach time. Park time. I love the summer.
So today while I was visiting this blog I came across a NSD giveaway. Here Check it out here if you want to sign up....
Also. Creating keepsakes is having a give away every hour on their blog today. Check it out here.. They usually have an online crop today too. Actually most all scrapbooking forums usually have one. So if you're bored find one or two to join. They are super fun!
Then I was doing a little more searching and found fun things you can do. I know a lot of ladies got together today to scrapbook but I took today off since I've been extremely busy lately. I just needed a day with my family and to rest. Daddy and Clint are starting on a new deck for our back door. So I may have to help out with that. Can't wait! I'll post pics.
This afternoon the girls have a pool party to attend and Clint planned a surprise for me. Should be interesting because he NEVER does anything like this! More later. I guess it will be another busy day after all.
Top 10 Things to do on National Scrapbooking Day
Here are some ideas on how to celebrate National Scrapbooking Day
by Brandie Valenzuela March 23, 2004
How much do you know about National Scrapbooking Day? It was started in 1994 by the well-known album company Creative Memories. and is celebrated on the first Saturday each May. Thank you Creative Memories for giving us a day for our favorite hobby!
Here are the top ten scrapping activities for this fun day:
1. Attend a crop or scrapbooking party! Of course, this would be #1 on the list! There is nothing better, and more motivating, than to scrap with friends! If you didn't plan to attend a crop, be spontaneous and consider inviting some friends over!
2. Go shopping! No scrapper can resist buying some new goodies! If you find that you are on more of a shoestring budget, set yourself a limit, say $5.00, and buy some new papers or some new stickers.
3. Scrap by yourself! We all do this on other days of the year, but at the very least, do some scrapbooking by yourself today if you aren't getting together with others.
4. Learn a new technique! Even if you aren't signed up for your local scrapbook stores (LSS) classes, turn to the internet to learn to learn a new technique for your pages. Visit your favorite search engine, and type in what you would like to learn about.
5. Join a new email list! There are literally hundreds of scrapbooking email lists on the internet, so why not join a new one! Just visit sites such as http://groups.yahoo.com/ or http://www.topica.com/ and put the word "scrapbooking" into their search box. Even if you don't want the extra email, you can always read the messages on the web!
6. Submit your best layouts to magazines! If you find that you are home on Nat'l Scrapbooking Day, why not submit some of your best layouts to magazines?
7. Organize! Is your scrapbook area getting a little cluttered? Spend some time organizing and decluttering it! While this may not sound like a fun thing to do, it is essential to have a neat scrapping space to create your masterpieces.
8. Copy And Steal Everything (CASE)! One of the best ways to get ideas for your own layouts is to see what other scrappers have created. Spend some time reviewing your favorite scrapping magazines or visit a site such as http://www.scrapbooking.com/ to be inspired.
9. Try something different! Have you always wanted to use your rubber stamps in your layout? Maybe you would like to try the use of wire, jute, buttons, or ribbon? If you have always thought of using something non-scrapbooking related in your album, spend some time doing just that!
10. Teach! I think one of the best way to spend Nat'l Scrapbooking Day is to teach a non-scrapper your favorite hobby! Think of at least one friend or family member that doesn't scrapbook, invite them over (be sure to have them bring some photos), and let them use your supplies to create a few pages. Before you know it, you will have a new scrappin' buddy!
© 2002 Brandie Valenzuela
Brandie is a wife and homeschooling mom to three children, who also works full time from her home designing products and writing articles for the scrapbook industry. She is a proud design team member of Pages of the Heart at http://www.pagesoftheheart.net/ -- a free resource site for scrappers. She also maintains her own website at: http://scrapbookingwithbrandie.4t.com/